`Remember me on this computer` option
Select the `Remember me on this computer` option if you wish to be automatically logged on to the computer in future. Your account will remain active for 45 days. Please do not use the `Remember me` option if using a computer with public access or that is used by more than one person.
View more related products to:
The Actisense DST-2 module is the market-leading way to take analogue transducers into the digital age.
When used with new or existing transducers fitted to a vessel, the DST-2 digitises depth, speed and temperature transducer signals into NMEA data to deliver best-in-class seabed tracking.
When used with an existing installed transducer, the frequency of the DST-2 must match that of the transducer. Typical frequencies used by manufacturers are 150 kHz (common in the UK and EU) and 170 kHz & 200 kHz (more common in the USA).
The module is ideal for operation with any NMEA 0183 compatible devices, such as chart plotters, radars or an on-board PC. In addition, it can be calibrated via a PC for various sensors and installations.
Benefits of the DST-2:
- Digitises analogue signals into NMEA data
- Use with any NMEA 0183 compatible device
- Range of frequencies available
- Flash upgradeable future-proof design
- Can be calibrated
- Trip data available with speed transducers
- Powerful Digital Signal Processor: A high-speed microcontroller capable of 10 million instructions per second, and a large memory to handle the advanced digital signal processing techniques required to calculate the depth of water below the vesel, vessel speed, distance travelled and water temperature.
- Class Leading Depth Performance: Depth performance in a class of its own, with an industry leading shallow depth capability of just 0.3 metres / 1 foot (below 10 knots), and a maximum depth of 200 metres (depending on the transducer type).
- Proven Depth Algorithm: The depth processing algorithms have been fine-tuned over an 6 year period and represent the best-in-class available for calculating the correct depth, even under difficult conditions - at speed, with layers of algae, turbulence and interference from other vessels.
- Optional Depth Frequencies: Three variations of the module are available to match an existing depth tranducers frequency -
150kHz, 200kHz or 235kHz.
- Speed Tracking Algorithm: Speed calculations can accurately track even the smallest changes in vessel speed, with a resolution of 0.1 knots.
- Temperature Algorithm: A thermistor can precisely measure the water temperature around the transducer, with a 0.1°C resolution.
- Transducer Interfaces: Depth: connects to a standard piezoelectric depth transducer crystal element using a three-wire interface. Speed: connects to a standard paddle-wheel hall-effect speed transducer using a three-wire interface. Temperature: connects to a standard metal case thermistor transducer using a two-wire interface.
- P66/IP68 Case and Grommet Design: A robust polycarbonate case with a high waterproof certification. The small case size is ideal for space restrictive applications.
- High Quality Angled Screw TerminalsL The moving cage type terminals make cable installation a simple and quick operation.
- NMEA 0183 Full-Differential Output Driver: Can drive up to 4 fully compliant NMEA 0183 device loads, with a 10mA (maximum) drive capability. The full-differential output ensures better quality communications and lower noise emissions on unshielded twisted pair cabling. Simply wire to a device capable of showing NMEA information to view all the NMEA data. sit the Active Research website to view general information on our current product partnerships.
- NMEA 0183 Sentences Output: Depth (DBT and DPT), Speed (VHW), Distance Log (VLW) and Water Temperature (MTW) sentences are output once per second.
- Wide Battery Input Voltage Range: For maximum compatibility, any battery supply between 11 and 28 volts can be used.
- Very Low Current Consumption: Ideal for small vessels with small batteries.
- Customise Service Available: Actisense® offers a full user configuration service for the Active DST Module range. The module can be fine tuned to match each customers individual requirements - be they different Baud rates, faster/slower data output rates, and/or specific data output formats, or even a different depth frequency.
- Please complete the sales enquiries form if you require further information, and visit the Active Research website to view general information on our current product partnerships.
Actisense NMEA Module is a product that corresponds to the Accessories category within Electronics selection at your nautical & fishing store, waveinn. Wait no more and learn about all the advantages belonging to the community of waveinn. What are the advantages of Actisense NMEA Module? This product is designed specifically to provide good support and entirely based on our passion for nautical & fishing.
Write a review or ask our dedicated team of experts a question
EASY & FAST RETURN
SECURE & SAFE
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU