Your own power station: For continuous power
The new standard in power systems
Mastervolt, the Dutch leader in off-grid electrical systems, has unveiled an innovative new Mass Combi Ultra series. This compact inverter/charger combination with a smart transfer system, highly efficient MPPT solar charge regulator (available from October 2014 onwards) and separate second charger is all enclosed within a robust quality unit that is easy to install.
Following the ever-increasing demand for higher power and greater comfort, systems are becoming more and more complex. In response the Mastervolt team went back to the drawing board to redesign what was already the best product in the market. Our goal was to fulfil the requirements of today and tomorrow, which the Mass Combi Ultra achieves by integrating all the common needs of an electrical system. This simplifies installation, lowers overall costs and significantly increases performance.
The latest technologies
The Mass Combi Ultra includes revolutionary technology developed by Mastervolt’s own engineering team. Notable achievements include combining the latest V6 high frequency converter technology with ultra-fast and powerful DSP controls. This offers major user benefits such as a low ‘no load’ current, preventing your batteries from draining, and extreme peak power capability which allows high current loads such as air conditioning to start-up easily without power dips or light flickering. Another benefit is the high efficiency, which makes the Mass Combi Ultra the most complete product in its class.
Mass Combi Ultra in a Mastervolt system
The new Mass Combi Ultra fits perfectly into Mastervolt systems. All components are easily connected via MasterBus and installation can be controlled and monitored intuitively, even with just one MasterView Easy touchscreen. This will provide and manage all information about the Combi, the batteries and other sources such as the generator, grid or solar panels. The system is also suitable for Digital Switching, Mastervolt’s decentralised digital switching system.
The Mass Combi Ultra provides a high yield that, combined with the Active Optima Cooling concept, ensures minimal use of the fan. The advanced thermal design offers an optimal performance when needed, and quiet operation when required. The Combi can provide up to 50% of the charging current or inverter capacity without fan cooling. This is perfect for night-time operation; when little power is consumed, the fan stops turning for silent operation. For maximum capacity requirements or when the ambient temperature is very high, the Active Optima Cooling concept regulates the fan speed in a linear way. This ensures that it never spins too fast or makes an irritating ticking noise.
Higher yield from solar power (available from November 2014 onwards)
On the DC side the Mass Combi Ultra has interesting features such as the solar input and the independent second charger output. Mastervolt has leveraged on the knowledge gained in the grid-connected solar sector to make a super-efficient built-in MPPT solar charge regulator. Compared to most regulators on the market, the MPPT offers a far higher yield from solar power for charging your batteries.
Two AC inputs
The Mass Combi Ultra has two separate AC inputs for generator or mains supply, both adjusted to the specific characteristics of each power source. Thanks to the ultra-fast controls, transfer to and from the inverter is seamless, preventing any flickering in the lights or the unintentional powering down of sensitive devices.
Parallel and 3-phase operation
The Mass Combi Ultra functionality goes beyond stand-alone operation: the design allows parallel and 3-phase operation for larger applications up to 35 kW.
The Mass Combi Ultra 24/3500-100 can provide continuous 3,500 W inverter power at 40 °C, and offers a peak power of 200%. Moreover, the Mass Combi Ultra comes with the most powerful battery charger in its class; with an unmatched 100 A at full charge voltage for the fast charging of the main battery.
Separate second charger
All Mass Combi Ultras have an integrated second charger which (in most cases) can charge both 12 V and 24 V batteries; a practical function that simplifies installation and reduces costs for the end user.
Optimal battery usage
Based on Mastervolt’s many years of experience, the Mass Combi Ultra features a number of characteristics that ensure you get the most from your batteries in terms of maximum power and lifespan. Key examples include the pure, interference-free DC voltage that prevents unnecessary heating of the batteries and a low ‘no load’ current that guarantees every Ah is deployed in an optimal way.
The Mass Combi Ultra features separate AC outputs. One is permanently powered to supply critical loads such as refrigerators and audio systems. The other output is for non-preferential loads including water heaters that can be switched off automatically at any desired setting, always to the benefit of the critical loads.
Ease of installation
The carefully designed connections were optimised for installers. Installation and connection have been made quick and easy via a logic layout, solid terminals and by removing the need for cable glands.
- Display/read-out: LED display
- Dimensions, hxwxd: 472x318x175 mm 18.6 x 12.5 x 6.9 inch
- Weight: 15 kg, 33.1 lb
- Approvals: CE, ABYC
- Charge characteristic: IUoU, automatic 3-step+ for AGM/gel/Lithium Ion/flooded/flooded traction/spiral/NiCad
- Ground relay: adjustable
- Temperature range (ambient temp.): 25 °C to 60 °C, derating > 40 °C 13 to 140 °F
- Protection degree: IP23 (vertical mounting)
- Protections: over temperature, AC over load, AC short circuit, DC short circuit, high battery, low battery
- MasterBus compatible: yes
Specifications sine wave inverter
- Nom. DC voltage: 24 V (19 – 32 V)
- Output voltage (± 2%): 230 V - 50/60 Hz (± 0.005%) adjustable
- Output waveform: true sine wave, Thd < 1% under standard conditions
- Cont. power at 40 °C, cos phi 1: 3500 W
- Surge capability: 7000 W – A
- Parallel configuration: yes, up to 10 standard
- 3-Phase configuration: yes
- Max. efficiency: 91 %
- Max. ripple on DC (battery): < 10%
- No-load power consumption (ON/inverter OFF/OFF): 16 W / 2 W / 0 W
Specifications battery charger
- Nom. input voltage: 180 – 275 V
- Nom. battery voltage: 24 V
- Max. charge current at 40 °C: 100 A at 28.5 V
- Charge method secondary charger: IUoU, automatic 3-step+ or constant voltage
- Secondary charger output voltage: 12-24 V adjustable
- Secondary charger output current: 10 A
- Temperature sensor battery: yes, included
Specifications transfer system
- Generator input (switched): 50 A
- Mains input (switched): 30 A
- AC output 1: 67 A
- AC output 2 (switched): 50 A
- Transfer time: seamless (UPS, < 1 ms)
- Transfer voltage range (adjustable): 180 – 275 V
- Transfer frequency range (adjustable): 35 – 65 Hz
- Power Sharing / Generator / Mains Support: yes
Solar input (DC) specifications (available from November 2014 onwards)
- Input voltage range: 15-100 V
- Max. PV power: 500 Wp
- Max. input current: 18 A
- Max. charge current: 15 A at 28.5 V
- MPP voltage range at nom. power: 35-80 V
With Mastervolt Mass Combi Ultra, it guarantees the best nautical & fishing equipment. In addition, at waveinn you can find the best quality with best prices of the sector. Choose us as your nautical & fishing store and focus only on enjoying of the comfort that the best brands give you like Mastervolt. Our team of nautical & fishing experts share their honest reviews to help you make the best decision. All this to ensure you get the cheapest Electricity deal every time.