Broadband Sounder Module (BSM-3) Designed for professionals and sportfishing enthusiasts, the Simrad BSM‐3 is a high performance, dual channel broadband sounder with CHIRP technology. Venture further offshore, with the confidence to find the fish you’re looking for.
Designed for professionals and sportishing enthusiasts, the BSM‐3 is a high performance, dual‐channel broadband sounder with CHIRP technology. The BSM‐3’s extensive transducer compatibility and highly customizable user interface mean you can venture further offshore, with the confidence to find the fish you’re looking for. Purpose built to last, the BSM‐3 features rugged all‐aluminium housing. New transducer connectors make installation and service easier than ever, with no need to open the case or wire anything by hand when using newer Airmar transducers. The BSM‐3 is optmized for use with Airmar’s latest wide‐angle CHIRP transducer series, and perfectly suited for pelagic trolling and other deep‐water fishing applications.
- Dual Channel CHIRP: Choose your frequency range for the type of fishing and species you target.
- Industry‐leading target separation and clarity: Makes the echosounder image easier to interpret.
- Easy to Install: Transducer connectors on housing minimize installation complexity.
- Easy to Use: Automatic settings optimized for everyday performance; manual settings for finer tuning.
- Compatible with Wide Angle Transducers: Wider cone angles means greater coverage of the water column.
- Ultra‐Low, Low, Medium, or High Frequencies: To help you target your favorite species.
The BSM‐3 is optimized for the new Simrad HEROiC user interface, and is fully compatible with Simrad Yachtings range of multi-function displays*. With the HEROiC interface, users can immediately see how their adjustments will affect the sonar image. This makes finding settings to best suit a user’s sportfishing needs faster and easier than ever before. * The BSM‐3 is compatible with Simrad NSS, NSS evo2, NSE, NSO, and NSO evo2 series, with latest soware updates installed. Some UI features unavailable on NSE and NSO Offshore models.
Compliance and Environmental:
- Compliance: CE, C-TICK
- Technical Standards: IEC 60945,IEC 60529
- Waterproof: IPX5
- Humidity: Up to 95% at 35°C non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: –30°C to +70°C
- Operating Temperature: –15°C to +55°C
- Connectors: 1 Power, 2x seven pin blue, 1 x Ethernet, 3 x Glands
- Weight: 4.8 kg (10.6 lbs)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 340x100x289 mm|(13.38x3.94x11.37 inches)
- Mounting: 4 keyholed mounting tabs
- Power Consumption: Range dependent – normally less than 10W
- Voltage 10.7–32 VDC (for 12 or 24 VDC systems)
- Power Output: 250 Watts RMS 2,000 Watts (peak to peak)
- Broadband Frequencies Transceiver High: 130- 210Khz; 85-145Khz
- Broadband Frequencies Transceiver Low: 40-60Khz; 25-45Khz
- Narrowband Frequencies Transceiver High: 200Khz; 83Khz
- Narrowband Frequencies Transceiver Low: 50Khz; 38Khz; 28Khz
- Transmitter and Receiver Type: Dual Broadband Tuned receivers, Dual Tuned CHIRP Transmitters
- Pulse Length: Range Dependent - to 70ms max
- Max. transmit rate: Range dependent – to 20Hz in shallow depths. User selectable.
- Range scales: 5, 8, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 60, 80,100,120, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1500, 2000, 4000, 6000, 8000, 10,000, 12,000, 15,000
- NOTE: all numbers above in ft. Can be changed to metrics in NSE/NSO/NSS unit.
- Range control: Auto/manual range with zoom,alternating dual frequency display with CHIRP, simultaneous with narrowband
- Zoom size: Auto/manual x2, x3, x4, x5, x6, x7, x8 (user selectable)
- Network: Ethernet 10/100
If you are interested in Simrad BSM 3, discover also other nautical & fishing products related to Simrad in the Electronics department and Fishfinder modules catalogue. In addition, when buying at waveinn, your online nautical & fishing store, you join the biggest sports community, where you can find opinions, product reviews, and the best offers that you are interested in.