`Remember me on this computer` option
Select the `Remember me on this computer` option if you wish to be automatically logged on to the computer in future. Your account will remain active for 45 days. Please do not use the `Remember me` option if using a computer with public access or that is used by more than one person.
SA70 GMDSS 9GHz Search and rescue radar transponder:
SA70 GMDSS 9GHz Searh and rescue radar transponder
Designed for use in search and rescue operations, Simrad ’s SA70 will pinpoint the location of a vessel in distress and give the exact location to nearby ships, SAR vessels and aircrafts.
Key Features Easy mounting options: bulkhead bracket on board vessel, pole or bracket mount in a lifeboat or life raft providing flexible installation options
- Equipped with an LED and a built in buzzer to indicate operation for peace of mind
- Non-hazardous battery which can be replaced on board: No transport restrictions
- Easy to release and activate in an emergency situation: Easy to operate under stress/in freezing conditions
- Light weight and compact design: One of the smallest on the market
- Mandatory carriage equipment for all ships of 300 gross tonnage and upwards
- IMO/SOLAS/GMDSS compliant
- IMO/MED/FCC approved
Simrad SA70 is emergency equipment consisting of: SA70 SART radar transponder and Mounting rope for life rafts / life boats. The 9 GHz radar transponder type SIMRAD SA70 SART is developed by Navico to meet the rules and regulations for use on vessels and life rafts in the maritime service. SIMRAD SA70 SART meets the specifications for 9 GHz radar transponders for use in search and rescue operations at sea.
- The operating range of the SIMRAD SA70 SART is up to 30 nautical miles, depending on the height of the electronic unit and the radar height of the search and rescue unit (sea or airborne). With a radar height of 20m and the SIMRAD SA70 SART placed at 1m above sea level, the range will be up to 10 nautical miles. SIMRAD SA70 SART is buoyant, however to obtain maximum performance the transponder should be placed in a vertical position and as high up as possible in order to achieve maximum coverage. Several mounting brackets and mounting aids are available to ensure correct mounting and use of the radar transponder.
- The purpose of the SIMRAD SA70 SART is to perform a secondary alarm when search and rescue units are searching for a life raft / lifeboat in distress. The SIMRAD SA70 SART will help the units to pinpoint exactly where the distressed boat is located in a larger area. This is done with the help of the radar on the searching ship or helicopter.
- Frequency: X-band (3 cm) (9.2 - 9.5 GHz)
- Temperature range Operating: -20 to +55°C Storage: -30 to +65°C
- Radiated power: > 400 mW e.i.r.p (+26 dBm)
- Sweep type:
- 12 sweep sawtooth type: Forward 7.5 us ±1 ms: Return 0.4 us ±0.1 ms: Starts with return sweep.
- Receive sensitivity: Better than -50 dBm e.r.s.
- Response delay: Max 0.5 ms
- Antenna pattern: Horizontal polarization.: Omni directional radiation in the horizontal plane.: Greater than ±12.5 degrees elevation angle in the vertical plane.
- Battery: Lithium metal 7,2V/3600 mAh, 5 years service life.
- Battery capacity: 96 hours standby +8 hours continuous operation when activated by a radar with 1 kHz prf at 20°C storage.5 years storage.
- Materials used: Transponder housing: Glass reinforced polycarbonate
- Bracket: Anodized aluminum.
- Transponder dimensions: Max diameter: 89 mm x Length: 250 mm
- Weight: 482 g
- Transponder with standard storage bracket: Max diameter: 90 mm Length: 250 mm
- When the SIMRAD SA70 SART is interrogated (hit) by a radar signal, it will immediately start to transmit a number of sweeps covering the complete maritime 3 cm radar band. These sweeps are detected on the radar screen and are used to navigate directly towards the distressed life raft, for details on radar display see chapter 5.3. Maximum distance to a ship will normally be about 10 nm and approximately 30nm to a helicopter, dependent on the helicopters altitude. The transponder will not give any alarms further away than this.The primary alarm will usually be an Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) or distress call on VHF / HF - manual or via DSC.
- The SIMRAD SA70 SART should be activated immediately after activation of the EPIRB or by instruction from the rescue control centre
At this moment, the product Simrad SA70 SART is in stock at waveinn. Find out what other products, the brand Simrad has at your online store. Make any outfit your own with this season´s selection of Ais models. At waveinn we stock the latest styles and designs of Electronics. Browse through our selection and find the item that suits your needs.
Write a review or ask our dedicated team of experts a question
EASY & FAST RETURN
SECURE & SAFE